Open as PDF
Do not shut down/log off or Sleep/Hibernate while writing or rewriting
Set the computer on a level surface and avoid places subjected to
vibrations such as airplanes, trains, or cars.
Do not use on an unstable surface such as a stand.
A recovery image of the software on your computer is stored on the Hard
Disk Drive, and can be copied to either disc media or USB Flash Memory
by using the following steps:
1. Select either blank disc or USB Flash Memory.
The application will allow you to choose from a variety of different
media onto which the recovery image can be copied including disc
media and USB Flash Memory.
Please note that some of the disc media may not be compatible with
the optical disc drive connected to your computer. You should
therefore verify the optical disc drive supports the blank media you
have chosen before proceeding.
USB Flash Memory will be formatted and all the data in the USB Flash
Memory will be lost when proceeding.
2. Turn on your computer and allow it to load the Windows operating
system from the Hard Disk Drive as normal.
3. Insert the first blank disc into the optical disc drive tray, or insert the
USB Flash Memory into one available USB port.
4. Click Start -> All Programs -> TOSHIBA -> Support & Recovery ->
Recovery Media Creator.
5. After Recovery Media Creator starts, select the type of media and the
title you wish to copy, and then click the Create button.
Restoring the pre-installed software from your created
If the pre-installed files are damaged, you are able to use the Recovery
Media you have created to restore the computer to the state it was in when
you originally received it. To perform this restoration, follow the steps
When you reinstall the Windows operating system, the hard disk will be
reformatted and all data will be lost.
1. Load the Recovery Media into the Optical Disc Drive or insert the
recovery USB Flash Memory into one available USB port.
2. Turn off the computer's power.
3. While holding down F12 key on the keyboard, turn on your computer -
when the TOSHIBA Leading Innovation >>> logo screen appears,
release the F12 key.