Open as PDF
DO NOT TURN
Inflatable PFD Re-arm Kit
VFI Gonflable Ensemble De Réarmement
Re-arm kit for MUSTANG SURVIVAL PFD:
Ensemble de réarmement pour modèle de
V.F.I. de MUSTANG SURVIVAL:
Inflatable PFD Re-Arm Kit MA4013
MUSTANG SURVIVAL MA4013
LOCKING RING KEY
· Use only with specified PFD models.
· This gas cylinder is under pressure, therefore
misuse can be dangerous.
· Do not incinerate, expose to sunlight or store
above 120˚F (50˚C).
· Do not throw into open fire or dump at sea.
· Keep away from children.
· Dispose of gas cylinders only when empty.
· Discharge and dispose of corroded or rusty
Please review and follow additional maintenance
instructions in your Owner’s Manual.
The Damage Tolerant Life Preserver is equipped
with two cylinders. Please inspect both to ensure
1. Place the Inflatable PFD on a smooth, flat
surface and wipe off any water. Access the
inflator by reaching under the cover and pull
it toward you, turning the cell and cover inside
out to fully expose the inflator for re-arming.
At this time, ensure that the inside of the
bladder is dry. Hold the CO2 cylinder through
the fabric, using one hand (Fig. 1).
2. Insert the metal key between the black locking
ring and labeled yellow cap. Turn the key
counter-clockwise (Fig. 2).
3. Turn the black locking ring counter-clockwise
and lift off the cap (yellow inflator operating
head Fig. 3). Dispose of the used cap.
4. Squeeze the sealing ring to elongate and
remove the inflator body through the sealing
ring (Fig. 4).
5. Dispose of the used inflator body (Fig. 5).
6. Check that the new inflator body indicator is
green. Insert the new inflator body with CO
cylinder pointing upward inside the Inflatable
PFD. Let the sealing ring rest on the adapter
around the four lugs (Fig. 6).
7. Now check the new manual/automatic cap as
follows (Fig. 7):
1. Is the single point status indicator showing
2. Is the expiry date OK?
If YES is the answer to both questions, then
proceed as follows.
If the answer is NO to either question, get a new cap.
8. Hold the CO
cylinder through the fabric
of the Inflatable PFD (Fig 8a). Position the
replacement cap with the water inlet valve
pointing to the right and press firmly onto the
inflator body and sealing ring (Fig. 8b).
9. While pressing FIRMLY onto the inflator body,
turn the BLACK locking ring clockwise into the
locked position (Fig. 9). Pull on the cap to make
sure it has locked onto the inflator body.
10. Check: To see that the single point status
indicator on the cap is green; the pull to
inflate lanyard is present and that the locking
ring is locked.
11. If your Inflatable PFD has been used and/or
the inflator replaced, always inflate through
the oral tube and check that it stays inflated
at least overnight. Empty the Inflatable PFD
again by reversing the oral-inflation tube
dust cap and inserting it into the valve or by
depressing the valve with fingertip. Gently
squeeze the inflatable PFD until all air or gas
has been expelled. Let the Inflatable PFD dry
IMPORTANT: Ensure all air is removed before
12. Refold the Inflatable PFD in accordance with
the Repacking section of the owner’s manual.
PA4013_Rearm_10Apr2007.indd 1-5 4/26/2007 4:15:19 PM