Open as PDF
Page 3For technical questions, please call 1-800-444-3353.Item 69662
1. DO NOT INSTALL THIS INVERTER INTO A
BUILDING’S ELECTRICAL SYSTEM. This inverter
is a vehicular accessory. It is not designed
to be safely used in a building’s electrical
system and has not been evaluated to meet
building wiring codes. Improper application
may create a fire or electric shock hazard.
2. To allow proper cooling, install in indoor well-
ventilated area and do not cover ventilation openings
or cooling fins. Do not install in engine compartment.
Especially avoid placing the Inverter on carpets
and rugs; they are not only flammable, but
they also obstruct vents underneath it.
3. Keep combustible materials and gasses away
from the inverter. The inverter produces sparks
and heat during operation and can start a fire.
4. Connect to 12 VDC power supply only. A power
supply with lower voltage will not operate the Inverter
correctly, and higher voltage could damage the unit.
5. Connect input polarity properly. Incorrect connection
will damage inverter and void warranty.
6. Do not use in a marine application.
This inverter is not intended to withstand the highly
corrosive conditions in marine applications and
would quickly be rendered inoperable or unsafe.
7. Keep inverter dry and clean. Do not expose
to rain, snow, spray, bilge water or dust.
8. Use cables that are thick enough. The more power
(amps) or the longer the cables, the thicker they
need to be to prevent overheating and fire.
9. Install as close to DC source as possible, but not
in a closed area with vented lead-acid batteries.
Vented lead-acid batteries release explosive
hydrogen gas that can be ignited by the inverter.
10. Mount inverter horizontally.
11. Verify that installation surface has no hidden
utility lines before drilling or driving screws.
12. This product is not a toy. Keep it away from children.
13. Do not use with positive ground electrical
systems. (Most automobiles, trucks, and
RV’s have negative ground systems.)
14. The positive (+) battery on the Inverter must be the
last connection made, and must be connected before
the Inverter is turned on. There may be a small
spark during the final connection. This is normal.
15. Properly ground the inverter’s case
as explained in this manual.
1. Wear splash-resistant ANSI-approved
safety goggles and electrically insulated
gloves while working near batteries.
2. Charge, store, and maintain batteries
according to supplier’s instructions.
3. Locate batteries in a clean, well-ventilated area,
away from ignition sources and flammable
materials. Vented lead-acid batteries release
explosive hydrogen gas while charging.
4. Only connect similar batteries together. Do
not connect old and new batteries together,
wet and gel cells together, or batteries
of different capacities together.
5. Use only 12 V batteries with this item.
6. Connect batteries in parallel ONLY (negative
terminals together to one cable; positive
terminals together to the other cable).
7. Install a properly rated fuse on the
positive output of the battery bank.
1. Multiple outlet power strips with switches and
circuit breakers only interrupt power to the “hot”
receptacle terminals. The “neutral” terminals
remain powered with respect to the “ground”
terminals. So strip switch may be off, but
part of appliance may still be powered.
2. Inspect supply connections before use to ensure
they are tight and that insulation is not damaged.
3. Do not use this inverter to power sensitive
devices such as medical devices or computers.
Do not use in ignition protected areas.
4. Some rechargeable tools and appliances can
damage the Inverter. Check the temperature of the
device several times when it is charging. If the device
becomes extremely hot; turn the power off, remove
the device, and do not use with the Inverter again.
5. Check for breakage of parts and any other
condition that may affect the Inverter’s operation.
If damaged, have it repaired before use.
6. Do not attempt to power a device, or combination
of devices, that will require more than the
rated output of this inverter. This may damage
the inverter or the attached devices.