Open as PDF
Installation Check List
Please read all installation instructions before proceeding with the install!
The TR-1 Gladiator is designed and manufactured to meet the harsh marine environment.
However, no electronics can perform as intended unless installed, setup and maintained properly.
Please read and follow the recommended installation procedures. (The specic order of steps 4-
11 can vary depending on certain conditions and the installer.)
If you read through the instructions
and have questions about your specic installation, please don’t hesitate to call technical support
Refer to Hydraulic Layout on pages 6 for proper location of Hydraulic Pump, Shadow Drive Valve
and ttings. Verify that your hydraulic steering layout matches the layouts on pages 5 & 6.
2) Refer to the Wiring Diagram on page 7, for all electrical connections.
3) Before drilling and mounting components we recommend that you lay out all components rst.
Check cable lengths. Extensions are available by calling TR-1
4) Mount the Pump. Page 13. Must be located within 20” of the ECU.
5) Mount the ECU. Page 14. Must be located within 20” of the Pump.
6) Mount the Compass Ball. Page 15. Must have access to make electrical connections
for NMEA, Shadow Drive, and Warning Horn. It must be mounted in the bracket in such a way that
the wires point directly down toward the water for proper orientation of the uxgate compass.
7) Mount the Shadow Drive Valve. See pages 18 & 19. See Hydraulic Layouts page 5 & 6.
8) Mount and install Warning Horn. See page 20.
9) Mount the Deckmount Switch. See page 21.
10) Mount the Handheld. Flush mount, or Corded walkaround. See page 22
11) Install Autopilot Tachometry Connections. (Tach Sensor Cable) See page 23 & 24.
12) Battery Connections. See page 25.
13) Bleeding Hydraulics. See page 25. Helm(s), Autopilot Pump, Cylinder and Hydraulic lines need
to be purged of all air! (Follow steering system Instructions)
Check for leaks at all hydraulic connections.
15) Use a Corrosion Blocker on all installed Components. ie, Bo-Shield, Corrosion X etc.
Dockside Setup: Lock to Lock times, Helm displacement, Verify steering direction, RPM Source
Cong., Verify tachometry, Transition RPM, and verify NMEA connections on GPS. See pages 26.
17) Sea Trial Setup: Compass Calibration, Autotune, Set North. See pages 27.
18) Re-check for leaks and hydraulic uid levels