Open as PDF
(2) Remove any weeds or debris from
around the jet intake, drive shaft, impel-
ler, jet pump housing, and jet thrust noz-
If debris is difficult to remove, consult a
Jumping the battery
If the watercraft battery has run down, the en-
gine can be started using a 12-volt booster
battery and jumper cables.
Connecting the jumper cables
To avoid battery explosion and serious
damage to the electrical system:
● Do not reverse the polarity of the jumper
cables when connecting to the batteries.
● Do not connect the negative (–) jumper
cable to the negative (–) terminal of the
● Do not touch the positive (+) jumper ca-
ble to the negative (–) jumper cable.
(1) Connect the positive (+) jumper cable to
the positive (+) battery terminals of both
(2) Connect one end of the negative (–)
jumper cable to the negative (–) battery
terminal of the booster battery.
(3) Connect the other end of the negative (–)
jumper cable to an engine hanger.
(4) Start the engine, and then disconnect the
jumper cables by reversing the steps
above. (See page 32 for information on
starting the engine.)
Replacing the fuses
If a fuse is blown, replace it with the proper
To replace a fuse:
(1) Remove the seat. (See page 44 for seat
removal and installation procedures.)
1 Negative (–) jumper cable
2 Booster battery
3 Positive (+) jumper cable
4 Engine hanger
1 Good fuse
2 Blown fuse
UF2N10E0.book Page 91 Tuesday, October 6, 2009 5:02 PM