Open as PDF
Care and storage
(2) If the battery terminals are dirty or corrod-
ed, clean them using a wire brush.
(3) Apply Yamaha Marine Grease or
Yamaha Grease A to the battery termi-
(4) Store the battery in a cool, dry place.
NOTICE: Always keep the battery
charged. Storing a discharged battery
can cause permanent battery damage.
To install the battery:
(1) Place the battery in the battery compart-
ment and hook the battery bands onto the
(2) Connect the positive (+) battery lead (red)
to the positive (+) battery terminal.
NOTICE: Reversal of the battery leads
will damage the electrical parts.
(3) Connect the negative (–) battery lead
(black) to the negative (–) battery termi-
(4) Connect the breather hose to the battery.
WARNING! Fire or explosion could re-
sult if the breather hose is damaged,
obstructed, or not connected proper-
(5) Make sure that the battery is securely
held in place.
1 Battery terminal
Recommended water-resistant grease:
Yamaha Marine Grease/Yamaha
UF2F12E0.book Page 57 Tuesday, July 14, 2009 3:07 PM